7 Aug 2016

Namur as a capital of Wallonia region, citadel

It´s true that we didn´t have much time to explore Namur. I feel sorry for not climbing up to citadel, for instance. But in my opinion there are more beautiful places in Belgium to visit. Also, we´ve met lots of strange people. Also, I couldn´t buy my favourite waffle. They sell it along the main road and  there was dust everywhere. So, I could clearly see that I would have more waffle with dust than waffle with nutella.

Story with Massimo Dutti shop
When I travel, always search for it. I´ve found one branch in Namur (actuallyI knew, there is one). Because here is the thing. I really liked one particulat shirt but haven´t tried in Gent (don´t know why). After that I had to still thinking about it. So, my boyfriend searched on google and found another shop in Namur. So, finally I could try it and find out that it doesn´t fit me. The smallest size was just too big anyway. Also, I really, really, fall in love with jacket. But they didn´t have my size. So, since we left Massimo Dutti shop I was so sad that I will never have this jacket. Don´t worry, this story has happy ending. I´ve bought in in Antwer. So, during my holiday n Belgium I´ve visited like 4-5 shops of Spanish brand Masimo Dutti.

A few facts:
- the capital city of Wallonia region
- the Walloon parliament and the Walloon Government
- more than 100 000 inhabitants
- the citadel dominates the city
- for military history fans
- if you like french cuisine (the bigest influence from whole Belgium is in Namur)

I think this street with umbrellas is awesome.


I like these 2 particular squares.







Another famous church- Eglise St.-Loup .


One of the most famous monuments in Namur- Cathédrale Saint-Aubain. It´s very beautiful.


Going through city to see the river and citadel.




Local citadel- Les Gilles de Binche. There are beatiful views from citadel on the city. Unfortunately we didn´t have time to climb there, pitty.


My probably the most beautiful picture from Namur.


Honestly, we didn´t see much from Namur. I feel sorry that we didn´t have time to go up to citadel. On the other hand I found this place less interesting than others in Belgium.

Regards
Michalka

No comments:

Post a Comment