27 Aug 2017

Tropea as a place with beach, onion, rock and church

Tropea is something like must visit in Calabria region. It was just few minutes by train from our home. I was impressed by the beautiful beaches and clean area around. Be aware of opening times of restaurants in case you are hungry. It is usually open from 11 am till 2 pm and then from like 7 pm. So, if you are hungry around 15:00 like we did, then you have a bad luck.

A story: I´ve bought at the beach some special oil from a chinese woman who was making a massage to me and Peta. She wanted to sell it to me for 10 euros, I convined her and paid only like 5 or 6 euros. But I know when I think about it, I think it wan´t such a good deal. On the other hand I still use it when I have a headache.

A few facts
- 7 000 inhabitants
- full of tourists
- beach and clean
- on the rock: church Santa Maria dell´Isola
- cathedral
- famous for the red onion which is called Cipolla di Tropea

A few pictures


















Tropea nicely surprised me. The beach was so clean. In front of the church I just borrowed kind of scarf because I was wearing the shorts. So I could go inside. Tropea should definitely be on your traveling list.


Ci vediamo dopo
Misa

No comments:

Post a Comment