27 Aug 2017

Catanzaro as a capital of Calabria

I convinced my friend Petra that I really need to visit Catanzaro. Why? Well, this city was on my bucked list for 7 years. When I started to plan trips in Italy after my job as a babysitter, my target was clear: visiting every capoluogo in the whole country. Capoluogo means the capital. The problem is that Calabria is not really consider as a place in Italy where a young girl should travel alone. Everybody knows that it is kind of centre of Mafia (well, I didn´t). So, I decided to postpone this trip. Until now.

A story: There was really a creepy guy who was checking the tickets in the sort of train which leads from the area of Lido beach to teh city. He actually took a selfie picture with me and my friend and invited us for a dinner.

A few facts:
- capoluogo (the capital of region Calabria)
- second biggest city in Calabria region
- less than 10 000 inhabitants
- not many original buildings left
- the bridge "Ponte Bisantis" is one of the highest in Europe
- beach LIDO

A few pictures:

























Another "capoluogo" on my Italian bucket list: checked.


Ciao
Misa

No comments:

Post a Comment