27 Aug 2017

Taranto as a place with castle and imporant port

A friend of mine is living in Taranto but unfortunately we haven´t met. This was one of the reasons I wanted to go there. Also, we took a night bus from here to Calabria region. It was cheap and we saved also the time. So, we were traveling over the night.

A story: Ok, so here is the thing. The night bus was leaving maybe at 1 am? When I look back in the time, maybe it wasn´t smartest idea to do. To be honest, the main train station was covered by so many homeless persons. I have never seen something like that before. So it was just them and 2 tourists-me and Petra. In the middle of the night in the South of Italy.

A few facts
- located in region Apulia
- 2 parts of the city: old town and new part
- important port- The largest Italian naval fleet
- the castle: Castello Aragonese
- no tourists

A few pictures


















I had to carry all of my stuff with me. It was raning. I was tired, didn´t sleep for more than 24 hours. I was cold etc. etc. BUT I really enjoyed the city. The Italian restaurant was one of the best I have ever visited - the food as well as the people were just perfect! We also visited the castle and our guide was really nice to us. From my point of view, this city is worth to visit.


With LOVE
Miska

No comments:

Post a Comment