8 Aug 2015

Recanati as a birthplace of Giacomo Leopardi

Here is the thing. Everybody and I mean really everybody (kids, teenagers, adults) in Italy knows about this little town. Why? Giacomo Leopardi is the reason. Children learn about him at school. Who is this guy? Was my first question.

Something about Giacomo Leopardi
- one of the greatest Italian poets
- 1798- 1837 (he died quite young)
- born in Recanati, region Marche
- his family was very rich and some of his relatives still live in their house- Casa Leopardi
- he read like 10 books per day and spoke many foreign languages- maybe 16? (sorry I forgot about these numbers and Google can´t help me)
- genius


House of Giacomo Leopardi. I was inside the house, but the tour is in Italian language. However highly recommend it.


Everything in this town is dedicated to Leopardi. People here are quite proud of it.

piece of his poetry

He wrote one of his most famous poetry right here, on this place.


Beautiful view.

Main street.


City centre of Recanati.



Main square which is also very beautiful.


I have to admit that this little town called Recanati is really something special. Not only that there is beautiful city centre, views, nature around etc. The most important is and always will be Giacomo Leopardi. I´m not Italian so I don´t know much about him but from what I know, I´m very fascinated by his story. I´ve bought his poetry in Italian language so wish me luck with the translation :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment