22 Sept 2016

Doel as a ghost town in Belgium

Hola,
today´s contribution is about very special place/village in Belgium. It´s called Doel.

What´s the story? The area was threatened with complete demolition due to the future enlargement of the harbor. Everything was supposed to be destroyed.

A few facts:
- ghost town
- very popular for professional photographers and making movie scenes
- street and graffiti art
- 30 km from Antwerp
- area with nuclear power station
- 400 years old Belgium village
- less than 20 inhabitants
- abandoned village

Street&graffiti paradise. Abandoned buildings.




Professional photographers in the action.


They are making some music video.


You can have some fun.

likeness?




You know that I was born as a libra, right? I´m very sorry, but I just couldn´t decide which one I wanna put here.




It looks like the scene from Titanic, right?


Coffee time.


This was totally unexpected visit. I was searching for like famous places in Belgium but haven´t heard about this one. Thankfully my friends took us there. I have to admit that this place touched my heart, really. The story is incredible powerful...

If you ever come to Belgium, you should see this place.
Michalka

No comments:

Post a Comment