28 Sept 2016

Ghent as the historical town dominated by massive walls

Hi guys,
all of my friends in Belgium recommended us to visit Ghent. I´m very glad we did because it´s definitely one of the most beautiful cities in this coutry. And there are not so many tourists, so you can enjoy the atmosphere.

A few facts:
- municipality in the Flemish Region of Belgium
- city centre is dominated by massive walls
- castle Gravensteen
- three towers of Ghent, namely the Belfry, St Bavo's Cathedral and the church of St. Nicholas
- water canals

First panorama.






Breathtaking.



Although I´m smiling (just for the picture) this was the most expensive waffle I´ve eaten in Belgium. If I knew before that the lady who was working there would be so rude to me, I would never buy it! I would go to different place and let somebody else to earn money for waffle.


Typical sweets.






I promised Matus that in Belgium we will definitely go to some brewery even if I don´t like beer. So, we found one in Ghent. We were sitting at the table for like 10 minutes and then somebody told us that it´s closing time for today so we can´t order anything. Yes, we were lucky. I think it was around 3-4 pm. Never mind.

So, instead of beer we are drinking a coffe somewhere else. From my own experience, I didn´t like Cafe Late that much in Belgium.


And that´s the end of our trip. Ghent is one of the places, you can´t miss if you visit Belgium.

Regards
Michalka

No comments:

Post a Comment