14 Mar 2016

How I spent New Year in Taiwan

Do you wanna know how I spent New Year? Keep reading because it was definitely one of the best in my life. Amy with her family took me to I-lan region to have some fun :-)

I-lan region, local lake
This is our vehicle for the day. We had to work really hard to get from point A to point B, you know.


There is a story right after this photo. You know, there are not many tourists in Taiwan. Sometimes, I felt like a little bit of celebrity. This was one of those moments. Actually, one of the best moments in Taiwan. After I was smiling to the camera, few (like 15 maybe) boys around age of 15 maybe came to me (just one of them) and ask me: "Could you take a picture of us?" in Chinese. These guys were so happy that I was the one who took that picture. They probably never seen a girl from Europe before. And I was so happy that they are happy. Amy´s mum then said that I have to be on that picture too. You could see it in their faces that they are truly happy. This moment touched my heart. Unfortunately, I don´t have the photo with them. If you read this article and you know one of those guys, please send me the picture. You might think it´s a little bit stupid but for me this is one of the best memories.


All of us. Only Amy´s brother in law is missing (taking picture).


Hana & Yuan & Misa & Amy. Btw, in case you guys forgot. Hana and Yuan were my roommates in the U.S. and Amy was my co-worker.



You can see the temple.



We are ready to take a picture- Asian style. Love it.

Amy´s nephew
With Amy´s mum





Typical little kind of shop where you can buy something to eat.


Now we are leaving the lake and going somewhere else to eat.


Lunch time. Typical food from this area. This one is with vegetable.


This was so good. (don´t ask me about the name please, no idea)


National Center for Traditional Arts. Definitely go there, it is worth it. There are shops with traditional drinks, food, clothes, toys everything you can possibly imagine.

traditional




Hot springs are very popular in Taiwan. You know that I love hot, right? But even for me, hot springs are just too hot. Anyway, nice experience. Highly recommend you to try it, if you ever go to Taiwan.


Massage in Taiwan. My opinion? High quality, low prices. I love it.


Delicious dinner. Finally, I´ve learnt how to use chop-sticks!! So proud of myself.


You know what they say: "As on New Year's Day so will be the whole year" If that´s true, I think that I´ll be just fine.

Have a great year
Michalka

No comments:

Post a Comment