18 May 2015

How was my Erasmus project Wellness Knights in Gangi

Buongiorno,
today´s article is about the project called Wellness Knights which I attended last week. People still ask me questions like: What did you do there? How did you get there? Did you pay anything? What is it like? You travel all the time, how do you do that??

These kind of projects are financed by programme Erasmus+. I am sure you have heard about it, correct? If you remember 2 years ago I did my Erasmus in Lisbon (5 months) and then in Barcelona (4 months). Youth in Action is another programme of the European Union and it is short-term. I had a chance to spend 10 amazing days in Sicily. After every project the organizers give you the certificate so called Youthpass. It is like a prove that you gain some skills. For more information about Wellness Knights project click here

Here are some facts about this youth exchange:
- 36 participants
- 7  countries: Romania, Slovakia, Czech Republic, Lithuania, Spain, France, Italy

First, let me introduce our Czech group.

Lenka, Kamil, me, Martin, Adela


Sports activities during the morning
 For the first time in my life I am trying Zumba. And yes, I was very bad in this activity. I prefere Judo :-)


Another first - trying Slackline.

Lunch at local school
In my opinion Italian cuisine is the best.


Non formal activities during the afternoon
My facebook page.

Brainstorming, SWOT analysis.


The source of vitamins? Czech beer :-)


How would you imagine EU Health city? The topic of my group was construction. I studied Technical Secondary School of Civil Engineering so I had a lot to say about this.


You can guess who suggested to go to disco club and got the most votes?


Free time
Sunbathing, summer, 32 degree.


Discovering the city.

Czech, French and Latvians


International culture nights
Every country had to present their local food, drinks, activities (e.g. dance), presentation (some facts) etc..

Georgiana and her typical Romanian blouse

Slovak culture night. My first Tatratea, very good.


Mayor of Gangi is about to give us the Youthpass certificates.



Other things
Unfortunately during the final football game Martin (Czech team) badly fall and for the rest of his stay he had crutches.
Martin in hotel Miramonti

Note: If you change your flight in Rome, be sure there is a very good chance they will loose your luggage.

Romanian group consists of 5 people. 4 of them lost their luggage in Italy. It took like 5 days to give it them back from Catania to Gangi. Funny thing is that there was actually note on the luggage which says something like priority, fast deliver :-)
with my best roommate Georgiana (my Ibiza T-shirt)

Here is the thing. Czech people are cold but this really touched my heart...


And finally all of us with the mayor :-)


What else would I say? I am very happy for Erasmus and it will be very hard for me to give up my student´s life which is about to end very soon. Anyway, we all had really good time and I wanna thank you guys for being part of it.

Arrivederci, ci vediamo dopo

No comments:

Post a Comment