28 May 2015

Castelbuono as a place with the best "gelato" in Sicily

At least that´s what I was told by our organizers :-) Anyway, the ice cream here is good so :-) After a trip to Cefalu our plan was to visit a town called Castelbuono which is not so far from Cefalu (around 23 km). I´ve just discovered that this little town is also mention in my guidebook. In other words, it´s worth for the visit as you´re about to see right now. 

Here are some facts:
- province of Palermo
- population around 10 000
- famous for the castel
- grew up in the 14th century

Main street begins now.


Local church.

The castle.

First of all I always want to see the square. (Piazza Margherita)

with my friend Francisco from Spain

This one is very nice, don´t you think?

the fountain

I found very beautiful small Italian Cafe. If we had more time I would definitely come here.


Typical small street can´t miss on my blog.


I like this clock.

This is one of those moments, when I just look in the air and realize how much I love Italy. You might not recognize it but that´s how I´ve felt even if there is nothing special on this particular photo.


And finally we are having dinner.


Pizza Margherita







It´s very nice inside the restaurant.

With my roommate Georgiana from Romania

Do you see our red noses? Yes, we didn´t use any sunscreen at all because we thought we are going to be just fine. Actually I was really laughing to Martins during the day when I saw him. Although I stop laughing the moment I saw myself in the mirror!!

with Martins from Latvia

And here we go. The best ice cream in Sicily.

Nocciola con la panna

I have to say that I enjoyed the time here very much. I´m really starting to prefere more and more smaller towns over the big ones. You can always feel the right atmosphere in the air. And that´s what I love the most.

Ciaoooo

No comments:

Post a Comment