21 May 2015

Gangi as the most beautiful village in Italy

Ciao ragazzi,
as you know from my previous article I had a chance to spend a week in a small town called Gangi, thanks to Erasmus programme. Today I am going to tell you a little bit more about this amazing place because I think it is worth for the visit.

The big coincidence is that I visited this part of Sicily 2 years ago. I have not been in Gangi, but I visited another small town called Geraci Siculo which is right next to Gangi. And as you can see the fate has brought me back.

I have heard about Gangi before. How? Last year I read an article about houses in Gangi which price were only one dollar. So, I was thinking about buying a house there.  Find more information about this special offer here

Here are some facts about Gangi:
- situated around 80 km from Palermo
- the population less than 8 000
- the winner of the most beautiful village in Italy (2014)
- take your jacket because it is windy

And now let me show you how amazing Gangi is...

Etna is right behind me
with our best Latvians (Martins, Ivars)
The nature here is very beautiful



as well as local houses, what do you think?


My first day in Gangi. This was the moment when I fall in love with this beautiful city...

I took my favourite sunglasses by Oscar de la Renta from the U.S.

Kids are playing football at local square. This is one of those moments you want to go back to your childhood...

Piazza Vittime della Mafia

Spending our free time with friends from the Czech Republic and Latvia.

Ivars, me, Martins, Lenka, Kamil

Right next to this tower is situated the statue of Giuseppe Salerno who is famous Italian Gangi painter.

Torre tardo Gotica detta "dei Ventimiglia"
Giuseppe Salerno

And this is what I truly love about small cities. People are sitting outside and watching what is happening..


You can have a look at houses from below. Still amazing, right?


This is my favourite square and the view of Gangi.



And now let´s see how churches in Gangi look like.



My favourite church.
Chiesa di San Paolo

Inside another church.

Chiesa di San Cataldo

Local police.

Polizia Municipale

As you probably already know I love small streets.


We were very lucky because during our stay (on May 10th) they celebrated the most important event (patron of Gangi- San Cataldo) of the year. For this special occasion you can see these handmade pictures all over the town.


The sheeps on the road also belongs to Gangi. Their "leader" (a guy) in the car in front of them was very funny (modern times).


You know that I love cats, right? I have got three at home. Everytime I see a cat alone (and you do not know if they have some home), it is truly killing me. This one is probably blind in one eye. If I lived in Gangi, I would adopt her in a second. She (or he) is so beautiful and friendly. I hope this amazing cat is doing all right.



Gangi is the winner of the most beautiful village in Italy (last year).


Funny thing at the end. Last summer I bought this messenger bag by Tommy Hilfiger in the U.S. It is supposed to have some level of quality. Well, you can see and I used it like 3 times, maybe (Latvian bracelets saved me).



So, what do you think?? Is Gangi the most beautiful village in Italy? I believe it is. I definitely want to come back. One day.

But let´s not forget about Geraci Siculo which is next and also very beautiful :-)

Geraci Siculo




Here is the prove that I have been in this part of Sicily before.

Geraci Siculo, August 2013

So, what is my advice for you? If you come to Sicily and want to visit this area (which I highly recommend it because come on, it is like a paradise- like my friend Lenka says:-), go to Gangi and Geraci Siculo. You can all make it during one day :-)

Czech, Spanish and Latvians in Gangi

Ciaoooo, a dopo

No comments:

Post a Comment