28 Dec 2013

My Christmas time

Hi guys.
How are you?? I guess pretty well when we have this Chrismas period of time, right?
I would like to share with you today my experiences. I am gonna tell you how it works in my family during Christmas, what we do, eat, drink and so on.  Today for instance I have been watching fairy tales all day long.

Tree of wishes (Strom splněných přání)

Some of you may know what I am talking about. If not, don´t worry, I am gonna explain you right now.
Every year I go with my mother and brother to the shopping centre in Liberec where there is this Tree of wishes. All children without home (children from orphanages) across the country can make a wish. I like helping people, especially children and if they do not have anybody who spend Christmas with, it is sad. So, at least my family buy some presents for them. Last year we chose 3 kids- 1, 5, 14 years old. This year we bought presents to only one kid. His name is Milan.

Tree of wishes

presents for Milan







Christmas day
So, this year was different. My brother is still in England and he is coming in the middle of January. Thus he couldn´t be with us for Christmas. Yes, I have to start to get used to it, I know that. Thank God I have three cats and they are such as good company.

Me and Ferďásek
Presents for my father, grandmother and my aunt
Every year I go to my father on 25.12. But Like I said before, this year is different. So, I took a car and went to say hello (and give presents to my father and after that to my grandmother and aunt) during the morning.

Zoo Liberec
Then I went with my mother to ZOO. There was a free entrance so full of people, obviously. However I gave them some money because it is a Christmas and it is all about giving, right?


jeans: H&M, shoes:S.Oliver, Jacket:Marks&Spencer,handbag:Levis



Feeding the animals in the forest
Every year we go to some forest in Liberec and bring something like carrot, bread etc. for animals who live there. We have this tradition since I was a little girl. 



Feeding the animals
 

Preparing Christmas dinner
This year I decided that I wanna try to cook Carp fries (the recipe comes from south of Czech). Carp is a typical fish for a Christmas dinner in the Czech Republic. We eat it with popato salad (I don´t like it). Before it we serve carp soup. I don´t like carp but I love Carp fries.

Candy

Our Christmas table





Unwraping presents
Ok, I have to confess to something. Before I left to Barcelona my mother and stepfather gave me money for my birthday and also for Christmas because I told them that I plan to stay in Barcelona till the end of the year. However plans change and I came home sooner. I was so worried that I will have no presents under the Christmas tree that I put there some stuff which I already bought for that money during summer ( I spent the rest of the money I don´t know how). It turned out that there was no need to do that because I got a lot of presents anyway. Actually most of presents there were for me.

Our Christmas tree
My outfit for Christmas dinner: dress:W-Linie,shoes:H&M


 You can see below what I got for Christmas. I am still looking forward to presents from my brother (I hope for something very cool from England) and my father because we will celebrate it all together in January.

scarves, handbag, tablet etc..
Jacket by Zara from Barcelona

So, how was your Christmas, guys? I only miss snow a bit but it´s not such as big problem.
 I put here a photo with Christmas tree in Liberec, which is my hometown.


Hopefully see you all here (meaning my blog) in 2014. Happy New Year and trust me 2014 is gonna be big :-)
Adios





2 comments: