28 Nov 2014

Leonardo da Vinci as my favourite Italian guy

Hi there.
Now is the period of time when I am writing lots of presentations for my university. 2 weeks ago I had to submit a piece of paper for subject called Management innovation. I have chosen Leonardo da Vinci.

source: http://www.riddochartgallery.org.au/?page_id=1803
 The question is why? Well, because I like this guy. Firstly because he is Italian :-) and then because he was such as genius and innovator. I am very fascinated by his work. Let me tell you something about his life.

Florence
He was born in the middle of 15th century. Leonardo comes from Vinci which is quite close to Florence. He was studying there and Florence was also a matter of his heart. I have been there and totally love this city. It´s just beautiful.
the view of Florence
Me in Florence, 2010
Milan
After Florence he left to Milan where he spent about 17 long years.  Leonardo was working on so many things that most of them he never finished. In Milan there is his master piece The last supper. If you wanna see it you have to make a reservation few months before. Of course, I didn´t know that. That´s why I haven´t see it so far. I have been also in Milan couple of times and my favourite place is this square in front of catheral- Piazza del Duomo

Duomo di Milano
Leonardo and his travelling period
For next 17 years he was travelling all around Italy for example Venice, Florence, Milan, Rome etc..

Rome
Rome, well let´s say Vatican because it is the residence of the Pope. Leonardo never had so good relationship with Rome. He loved Florence republic. Anyway, he was making an autopsy in order to understand the structure of the human body. However the Pope forbade him to do. For me Rome is one of the most amazing cities I have ever seen. I am always happy when I have a chance to go there.

Me and Fontana di Trevi in Rome, 2010
France
The last years of his life he spent in France. In Paris you can see his other master piece Mona Lisa. I have been in Paris but unfortunately I haven´t see it. I know, shame on me. Next time,ok? Leonardo is buried in the chapel of Saint-Hubert in Château at Amboise. I have been there too and the chateau is very nice.


The chapel of Saint-Hubert

Leonardo was a man who was ahead of his time. In his time people were not ready for his inventions.
For me he was one of the biggest innovators. He was interested and excelled for instance in the fields of painting, sculpture, architecture, anatomy, mechanics, geometry, music, war machines, flying machines, botany, invented the parachute or even painted his own portrait.

If you are fascinated by him as much as I am, I would recommend you to watch the serial called Da Vinci´s Demons. At least first series is good.
See you later

No comments:

Post a Comment